Update 1.4 is Live!
Exciting news: World of Tanks Blitz Update 1.4 is live! Wargaming is eager to share this content with you, so without any further ado, let's take a brief look at what we can expect in the new update!
New German Vehicles
Blitz gets an entirely new collection of German armor. Light, medium, and heavy tankers, there are some new guns at your disposal. Light tank fans can get a taste for the new metal by giving the Pz.Kpfw. 35 (t) a try. Medium players will find themselves right at home in the Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. H. Heavy commanders should climb into the commander's hatch of the Tiger (P).
Everyone beware: there's now a Maus in our midst.
Premium Vehicles Added to the Tech Tree
Some of your favorite Premium vehicles are now available in the tech tree for Gold!
The tier VIII menace SuperPershing has been terrorizing the battlefield; this medium tank is bent on destruction, quick on its feet, and can dole out the punishment.
SU-85I is a force to be reckoned with, a tank destroyer that just loves to make you pay for your mistakes. At tier V, this Soviet TD is a great introduction to mid-tier tangling. Pick one up and mint Credits!
Valentine II is no sweetheart, but she does love to dance. A Soviet tier IV vehicle, this light tank is ready for a new commander. Take the controls and make sure the enemy knows there is nowhere to hide!
Oasis Palms gets an update. The location of the neutral base has been changed to improve balance. The map has been further improved for performance and augmented by minor gameplay alterations.
In addition to map updates, the research costs of some heavy Soviet tank modules have been corrected.
With Update 1.4, map selection now depends on a battle level metric. As a result, your battlefield will better suit your tier level for any given vehicle.
As a result of player feedback and considerations for a mobile platform, teamkilling (hurting/destroying teammates) has been disabled. Now, new and veteran players alike can fight side-by-side without risk of unintended or malicious activity.
Want to get the full picture? You'll need to download the new update!
- New German Tanks:
- Tier II: Pz.Kpfw. 35 (t)
- Tier III: Pz.Kpfw. 38 (t)
- Tier IV: Pz.Kpfw. 38 (t) n.A.
- Tier V: Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. H
- Tier VI: VK 30.01 (P)
- Tier VII: Tiger (P)
- Tier VIII: VK 45.02 (P) Ausf. A
- Tier IX: VK 45.02 (P) Ausf. B
- Tier X: Maus
- Related achievement introduced: "Mouse Trap"
- Premium Tanks Added to Tech Tree: T26E4 SuperPershing, SU-85I, Valentine II
- Turned off teamkilling for NA server
Updated Oasis Palms map:
- Changed the location of the neutral base
- Optimized performance
- Minor gameplay changes
Map selection now depends on battle levels:
- Level 1 (tier I only) will play on El Alamein, Mines, Rockfield
- Level 2 (tiers I-II only) will play on the above maps plus Copperfield
- Level 3 (tiers II-III only) will play on the above maps plus Fort and Middleburg
- Level 4 and higher will play on any of the 11 maps in the game
Corrected the research cost of some Soviet heavy tank modules:
- 107mm ZiS-6 gun: 16,990 XP (was 14,400)
- 85mm S-31 gun: 5,130 XP (was 4,350)
- 122-mm D-2-5T gun: 20,060 XP (was 17,000)
- V-2IS engine: 12,980 XP (was 11,000)
- 122mm D-2-5T gun: 20,060 XP (was 17,000)
ST-1 & IS-4:
- 122mm M62-T2 gun: 61,000 XP (was 74,130)