Thank You for a Tanktastic 2015
It’s been a stellar year for World of Tanks Blitz, and we couldn’t have done it without you!
We at Wargaming would like to express our gratitude to you, the players, for supporting Blitz and helping us make it into the game it is today. The ongoing success of Blitz couldn't have happened without you, and we're sure you'll love what we're planning for 2016.
2015: A Tanktastic Year
Here’s a few of the biggest events in Blitz from 2015!
- In April, we had a bit of fun. We also held Blitz Madness, pitting eight tier V tanks up against each other in a tournament decided by the players! Ultimately, the M4 Sherman emerged victorious.
- April also saw the release of the Life of TOG, which would go on to become one of our most popular posts of the year! It wasn’t our first Blitz comic, and it won’t be our last.
- We celebrated the one year anniversary of Blitz in June with a special infographic highlighting some of the impressive numbers and accomplishments of the game's first year.
- Update 2.0 came out in August, which brought with it an oft-requested feature: Clans. Giving players the ability to form their own communities in Blitz and play together has been a great addition to the game, and we'll be adding more to it as time goes on.
- The month of September saw our region work together to win the Royal Race. By playing over 700,000 battles, you and your fellow tankers managed to earn every eligible player five days of Premium time.
- We may not have come in first place for the Rise of Continents, but a lot of tankers received some great prizes, both including both in-game rewards and gear!
- Things got a little spooky in October with the release of Tankenstein, an original tank earned by completing a series of challenging missions! Players came out in force to add this monstrous tank to their Garage in time for Halloween.
- We decided to end things with a bang in December, so we unleashed the coveted Type 59! Before even offering it in the Premium Shop we gave it out to winners every day as part of the Hype 59 contest, with over 50 lucky tankers adding the Type 59 to their Garage!