Vehicle Changes in Update 3.1
When Update 3.1 arrives next week, you may notice some changes to certain Premium and tier X vehicles. We've taken a hard look at characteristics, prices, and the inclusion of some tanks, and adjusted them for better balance. You'll find a list of these changes below, as well as comments from developer Mark Ivanov, a member of our balance team, in yellow.
Premium Vehicles Available for Gold
We'll be removing both the T-15 and M22 Locust from the tech tree and replacing them with vehicles the higher-tier Pz.Kpfw. V/IV and T23E3. They're more suited for farming currency, and we think they'll be a better choice for new players. The T-15 and M22 Locust will still be available occasionally in Store bundles.
We've also increased the price of the Valentine II from 1,000 to 1,500. Many newcomers purchase this vehicle, even though its play style isn't the best for them. It’s expected that shifts focus to the Pz.Kpfw. S35 739 (f), which is easier for new players.
With the new light tanks in Update 3.1, we decided to increase the profitability of the following vehicles:
- Spähpanzer SP I C: 24% increased profitability
- Spähpanzer Ru 251: 18% increased profitability, 28% decreased post-battle repairs
Due to an error, the same gun on different vehicles might have different research costs. The following vehicles have been adjusted for consistent research costs:
Nashorn: 8.8cm Pak L/56 decreased from 9,500 to 11,210 XP
VK 36.01 (H): 8.8cm Kw.K. 36 L/56 increased from 9,500 to 11,210 XP
T34 and T34 Independence
- Reduced aiming time from 3.4 to 3.1 seconds.
- Reduced dispersion coefficients when firing on the move, as well as during turret traverse and while turning.
"In terms of their characteristics, these vehicles were left behind and we decided to make firing with them feel a bit more comfortable."
- Reduced 105mm T5E1M2 gun dispersion:
0.42 to 0.4m with stock turret.
0.4 to 0.38m with top turret.
"We’re increasing the accuracy of the top gun to make this vehicle stand out a bit more compared to other tier IX medium tanks."
- Increased cupola armor to 177mm.
- Increased armor of the gun mantlet to 177mm.
- Increased rear side armor from 50 to 76mm.
- Increased top speed from 45 to 48 km/h.
- Removed 90mm M41 and 105mm T5E1M2 guns.
- Added 105mm M68 gun.
"The Patton is the weakest medium tank in its tier, which is caused by its inability to absorb damage; it’s bad at sidescraping, its turret is weak and has a cupola that’s easily penetrated. That's why we decided to improve the armor of this vehicle."
E 50 Ausf. M
- Increased armor of the turret front and gun mantlet from 185 to 250mm.
"Playing this vehicle didn’t feel ‘German’ enough, so we made a decision to increase its armor protection."
- Increased the top speed from 40 to 50 km/h.
"This vehicle isn’t so bad in terms of protection, but it’s too slow for a medium tank."
- Reduced traverse speed from 25 to 23 deg/s.
"To make the IS-7 less versatile and make it look more like a heavy tank, we decided to decrease its traverse speed."